Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ramadhan & Third Trimester

I won’t be telling the truth if I said that Ramadhan this time around is not challenging. I’ve started to pray sitting down, and so far I’ve never missed a sahur. About eating habits, I’m used to eating often and I always always have a snack in my car and my handbag. And I usually bring a bottle of water with me everywhere I go, even in my bedroom at night. So fasting is a huge change for me.

For the first 2 days, I try to take it easy by just doing online work for De’ Bams. Physical activities make me soo tired nowadays. Even if I attempt to run an errand for a few hours outside, I’ll come back home as flat as a pancake.

Yesterday, I took an Arab family to view our shortstay apartment around 3pm. They’re looking to rent for a whole month. Normally, I don’t do viewings, unless they wanna stay 2 weeks or more. That morning, I did some errands for a few hours and got home around 12pm. Basically, I was already as flat as a pancake but I had to leave again at 2pm.

So when I arrived at the short stay some 15km away, I was expecting them to arrive on time but of course, keep in mind Murphy’s Law… when something bad can happen, it will happen… their Uber driver cancelled their request, so they had to wait for another taxi to get to my place. They arrived around 3.45pm… I had to tell myself over and over ‘PATIENCE’! At that time, my head was spinning and I was really feeling dehydrated. Travelling outside at 2 in the afternoon is no joke.. Temperature was a high 37C and you could feel the heat above your head.

The heat.. the fasting and carrying a pineapple sized human in your tummy is a bit too much for me to handle, I’ll admit. Thankfully, the viewing went smoothly when they arrived. And they confirmed the stay with us. Alhamdulillah. I love long term stays for one reason: I don’t have to clean up the apartment as often.

Hubs handles the reservations, so I’ve requested him to only accept long term stays in the next few months. I definitely want my maternity leave! That’s the downside of being self-employed. There’s no such thing as an extended leave. Taking a leave is a big effort and I won’t be staying at home for 43 days just taking care of the newborn. I’ll also have to do online work, paperwork, scheduling, delegating tasks to other people.. To top it off, there’s Naila.

Yeah.

My Arab guest who has 5 kids (aged 17 to 16 months! GASP!) wished me good luck with the new baby. She asked me whether I’m planning to have another one? Bwahahahhaha… My answer was I’m taking a looong break from baby making after this one!

preggers

On another note, I would like to wish Ramadhan Mubarak to all Muslims out there. May your Ramadhan be filled with mercy & forgiveness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...